What is a successful Holiday Season? Staying well and being stressed as little as possible. With the intent to promote wellness in a simple manner, Dr. Clouthier has five recommendations:
- Use aromatherapy to stay healthy by diffusing Thieves (Young Living Essential Oil) in your home or area of gathering for the holidays
- Then diffuse Joy (Young Living Essential Oil) to help everyone relax and uplift their mood
- Eat protein with sugar
- Take more of the B vitamins to build up Adrenal support so the recovery time from a stressful holiday won’t take long, you will have a leg up. And if you don’t have a stressful season, you will be rocking!
- Get a massage to help your body release stress and prevent adding the aches and pains of stress.
Essential oils are extremely powerful when taken in by the breath. The aroma goes directly into the Limbic system in the brain, which then takes it to the nervous system to be distributed to the body. The body uses the healing properties of the oils as it needs it. This is how diffusers let you reap the benefits of essential oil aromatherapy in any room in your home or office.
- The Young Living essential oil named Thieves®, was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying to keep from getting ill themselves. And it worked! Thieves is a wonderful combination of oils that supports healthy immune function, and help maintain a healthy respiratory system.
- The Young Living essential oil named Joy™ is a blend of Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lemon, Coriander, Tangerine, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Palmarosa, and Rose essential oils that harmonize for a sweet, joyful aroma. Joy can be applied to the neck and pulse points for personal uplifting and perfume. Joy creates a joyful, more relaxed and happy environment when diffused into the house or office.
- Dr. Stephen Clouthier gives easy to do and helpful tips on how to manage what you eat for a less stressful Holiday Season. He recommends to eat protein when you eat sugar and simple carbs! This will lessen the blood sugar fluctuations that stress the adrenals and cause mood swings. In addition to watching what you eat. Her recommends increasing the B vitamin intake.
- Complex B Vitamins during stress and adrenal fatigue are important additions to the daily routine because your adrenal glands respond to stress by speeding up the metabolism that uses many times more the amount of nutrients normally needed. For this reason, by the time you are in a state of adrenal fatigue, your cells have used up much of your body’s stored nutrients and are in desperate need of new supplies just to continue to function, let alone rebuild.
- And last but not least, Dr. Clouthier recommends to take the time for yourself. Even if it is 10 minutes while your house is full of guests. Go to your room and find your balance, then return to the party. When you make the time to get a massage during particularly busy and stressful times, the pay-off is enormously helpful. Your body receives the time to rest and balance and the body release stress in a way that it cannot on its own. The stress release of a massage in turn promotes a healthier immune system and calmer emotions.